This section of our website contains resources and information for students, parents, and staff. It is important to note that children involved in incidents of bullying, victims, and perpetrators, need our support. If you have suggestions or comments regarding the district's bullying prevention and intervention services, please submit those to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school-aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Both kids who are bullied and who bully others may have serious, lasting problems.
In order to be considered bullying, the behavior must be aggressive and include:
An Imbalance of Power: Kids who bully use their power—such as physical strength, access to embarrassing information, or popularity—to control or harm others. Power imbalances can change over time and in different situations, even if they involve the same people.
Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more than once or have the potential to happen more than once.
OVMS BULLYING PREVENTION PLAN:
(1) Annual review of the procedures for responding to allegations of bullying will be conducted. Data pertaining to incidents will also be reviewed.
(2) ANY alleged bullying incidents will be reported to the principal/building representative.
(3) Building administrators that receive an allegation of bullying will promptly inform the parent/guardian of the perpetrator and victim to discuss the incident/consequences.
(4) Appropriate counseling, social work, or other services will be provided to both aggressor and victim if deemed necessary.
(5) The investigation will be conducted within 10 school days of the report.
(6) The principal will maintain a record of allegations and incidents of bullying, including appropriate paperwork.
(7) Bullying resources, education, workshops, professional development, speakers, etc. will be provided on an annual basis to students and teachers to provide awareness and resources to combat bullying.
Okaw Valley Bullying Policy Link
ONLINE BULLY REPORT FORM (CLICK LINK BELOW)